|The Domain User Administration System (DUAS) project will be a convenient, secure
way for System Administrators to add / modify / remove users and groups from multiple machines at once,
populating an LDAP database at the same time.
DUAS will be written in Python because a) it's a great Object Oriented language, b) it supports command line arguments,
curses programming, and X GUIs across multiple platforms very easily, and c) because I don't know
Python very well and I wanted to learn it.
Here's the basic development plan that I'm going to follow:
If you've got some ideas about what you'd like to see in this project, please click on the
'forums' link above and post it in the proper forum.
- Draw use case diagrams
- Develop interaction diagrams and class diagrams
- Write Python wrappers for useradd, usermod, userdel, groupadd, groupmod, and groupdel for one or two OSes at first
- Build network server / client framework w/out encryption
- Attach OpenLDAP functionality to the backend of the server
- Develop the command line interface to connect the wrappers to the network framework
- Build the curses and X interfaces
- Add encryption to the network framework